A significant portion of our work comes from referrals from professionals like you who support young people 0-18 in the Waterloo Region. As many as 50 percent of our calls and referrals are school-based. We also receive calls and referrals from doctors offices, hospitals, and other social services agencies.
In order to refer a young person or family, the professional should provide them details about walk-in and encourage the family to attend a walk-in session.
When a family comes to Front Door, we will:
- provide support and guidance
- provide an overview of the services offered through Carizon and Lutherwood
- assist them in accessing our crisis services or walk-in services if needed
- provide referrals to services in the community that may assist them and their family
- determine whether they are eligible for services through Lutherwood and Carizon
- meet with them to complete an in-depth assessment to understand the unique needs of their family
- help identify what they need to make things better, explore their preferences for treatment and help them set initial goals
- collect information from other service providers involved with their family and finalize the treatment recommendations, in collaboration with all involved